Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Office

Well, the past few weeks have been busy. Work at the office is also crazy busy. It seems like the work is always piling up and you never really accomplish anything. I am starting to enjoy the guys in the office though. They are starting to be a lot more fun. We play darts most days at work for 30 minutes or so. At first I thought it was a waste of time, but now that I have started working full time, I realize that it is kind of a necessity because the work can be stressful and crazy. I was horrible at first, but now I can actually aim and hit what I am aiming at. I havent won a game, but I have come close many times. I think we are all waiting for that day.

We started watching The Office. There is an amazing website that you can watch just about any tv show. ABC and all ot the US sites dont allow you to watch anything outside of the country. It is great that we can watch it here. It just gives us a little taste of the States.

We started cooking a little here. I baked a cake without a cake mix for the first time. It turned out really good. The frosting was a little waterey, but still really good. The powdered sugar here is really grainy, so that changes it a little too.

Language learning is going good. I can have a short conversation in my new language, but I went to the pazar, or market, and tried to use the language. I bought what I wanted fine, but then they would ask me something and I had no idea what they were saying. After the fifth time, I just left with my purchases kind of overwhelmed. I'm learning slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment