
This past Wednesday the weather was beautiful and a few of the guys in the office went golfing. A few other girls and I decided to go see the Rumelihisarı which is a fortress on the Europe side built in 1452. You can go in and explore the fortress. Here is a picture of it from the Bosphorous. We also planed to go to a starbucks with a great view of the Bosphorous afterwards.
I went in to the office early to get some work done. Then I rode a bus to meet one of the ladies at the iskele (boat dock). The other lady ended up not being able to make it. We were planning on meeting two other girls at the fortress later on. Sherree and I proceeded to take the boat to the other side and then a bus to the Rumelihisarı. While on the bus we got a call from the other girl saying she was on the bus and missed the stop which caused her to miss the boat across. The next boat would make her a few hours late, so we just planned to meet them at starbucks. We thought of a way on public that she could get to us in time, so we called back and forth for 30 minutes or so until we decided to just go ahead and go into the fortress and meet them when they got there. We got up to the Rumelihisarı and we saw this sign....
Now we were thinking that we couldnt end the day now and just go home. That would be anticlimactic. So we decide to go to a nearby starbucks. We enjoyed our frappaccinos and had a great time even though it wasnt the original starbucks on the itinerary. It wasnt right on the water, but good enough at that point.
What a day. To add to it, Sherree had taken a lot of pictures to document me trying to visit more tourist sites before I move. However, it turns out that when she got home none of them turned out. I wasn't really surprised given the events of the day.
sharing the Jantz way of life huh? LOL
ReplyDeletesharing the Jantz way of life huh? LOL
ReplyDelete