Monday, January 19, 2009

Busy busy busy

Well we didnt have too many adventures this weekend. We spent most of Saturday at Ikea and a grocery store. A lady we know took us and showed us what things were once again so we would have a better idea of what we were buying. Sunday we went to the other side of the city and walked one of the tourist streets. We went to a bazaar or market that is only once a week. One of my dear brothers who just got here as well went to a bazaar near his house and told us this story. He wanted oranges and asked for 10. They thought he wanted 10 kilo because people usually buy at the bazaars in bulk for huge families. So they gave him 10 kilos of oranges. If you didnt know, 10 kilos is about 22 pounds. That is a lot of oranges to carry home. (: Things like this happen all the time living in a new place. I went to the stands where you bagged your own fruit, but they still thought I was crazy for getting a kilo. I have a few pictures of our time in the city.

Here is part of the city and the boats you use to cross to the other side of the city.


This is near our apartment. These are mostly apartments crowded together.


This is another view of the busy city. There are so many taxis.


Work is going to get busy soon. I feel like there will be a lot to do before we move. We are thinking maybe May or June I should be moving to England. For now I am enjoying being here and learning how to live here for the next 4 or 5 months.

1 comment:

  1. It looks very cool. I really like the picture of the boat and the city in the back. I'm thinking about you. Love you

    ReplyDelete