I've been to London to see the Queen!!
Last weekend was the Trooping of the Colours in London, the Queens birthday parade. We decided to go in and see the Queen to wish her a happy birthday on a day that isn't even her birthday. There was a band and soldiers in the parade before the Queen.
There were more soldiers and more police lining the Mall to protect Her Majesty. You almost couldn't get pictures in between them. It took a lot of time for them to get them straightened up. A few people in the royal family drove by in their carriages.
Men came through on horses to make way for the Queen.
Finally the moment had all been waiting for...
It was very cool to see the Queen but almost a let down. It happened so quickly. I felt like a child waiting to see Santa at the end of the parade. Unfortunately I remember being much more satisfied with Santa.
No comments:
Post a Comment