Saturday, January 10, 2009

I made it!!

Wow, I finally made it to my new city. On the way here I had and interesting trip. When we got to Germany, one of our layovers, we went to our gate they called for us to board the plane. We went through the doors and then boarded a bus which 30 min. later it seemed brought us to our plane out in the middle of no where. Its a wonder that all of our luggage made it, 11 bags total for the 3 of us. He indeed provides!! Apparently they dont really have customs here. We had no problems getting our visa or anything. They didn't ask a single question.

As we traveled through Germany and as I watched us fly over out the window, my heart broke. I loved flying with the German airline and getting to hear the language and eat brotchen on the plane. However I really wanted to stay. I was excited to get here too, but I was also sad to leave. I thought that I had already become burdended for the people here, but I need to fall in love with the culture and the people of Central Asia. I began to ask Father to grow my heart for my new country and then London as I move so that it will become my passion like Germany has. Please do the same.

Yesterday and today we have been exploring with a lady who has been here for 3 years or so. Her husband works in the office with me. We have gone to a few stores and malls. I have learned a few words so far, but not really much. I have learned the word for sale though. Finding the sale aisle in a store is an important thing to know. I somehow managed to order food in the language. It was pretty simple words though. I had some Doner today for those of you who know what that is. Yum. It is kind of like gyros in the states, but a lot better.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie! Glad you made it there. I'm looking forward to hearing all the things that Father has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete